South Africa Lodge Vacation Rental Colonial Style Farm House on Private Game Reserve in Calitzdorp.
In the heart of the Little Karoo at the foot of the majestic Swartberg Mountain Range, lies this exclusive Private Game Lodge and your opportunity to experience to best that holiday rental has to offer. Within a wildlife estate, adjoining the World Heritage Site of the Swartberg Nature Reserve, the area is malaria-free and boasts an abundance and variety of wildlife. Guests can explore a unique, ecologically diverse environment from the comfort of the Karoo-colonial style Lodge.
Meticulous attention to detail, homeliness with understated sophistication, a large well equipped farm-style kitchen, spacious bedrooms, expansive patios and a crystal clear pool make the Lodge a wonderful retreat.
The appeal on a bygone era with an understated sophistication best describes the Lodge. Fitting to the Karoo-colonial style, expansive patios provide insulation from the hot summer days, and cold winters when the snow lies high on the mountains above the Lodge.
Facilities at the Lodge include:
- Lounge with DSTV and a Well stocked reference and fiction library
- Spacious dining room and a Large farm-style kitchen
- Braai patio with stunning mountain scenery
- Covered parking
- Internet access
- Daily cleaning service
- Use of Landrover, with driver, for gameviewing on the Estate
The spacious bedrooms, all with private patios, provide the perfect retreat. Accommodation is for a maximum of 10 adults (or 12 if with children sharing), in 5 bedrooms. Additional accommodation may be available by special arrangement. Bedrooms are serviced daily and are equipped with Extra-length beds, with luxury cotton percale bed linen, Ceiling fan, Tea / coffee making facilities, Personal safe, Hairdryer, Heater and electric blankets, Gowns and Toiletries
With the use of the open Landrover for game viewing, guests can experience the full diversity of the landscape. Free of large predators, there is a unique opportunity for the more energetic to explore on foot and the area is ideal for mountain biking. The estate is home to nearly twenty species of large mammal, including the largest antelope of all, the Eland. Kudu, Oryx, Nyala, Wildebeest, Hartebeest, Blesbok, Springbok, Impala, Lechwe and Giraffe are easily viewed, among others.
The endangered Cape Mountain Zebra is well established. The vegetation varies from Mountain Fynbos to Succulent Karoo and Renosterveld. Protea species can be found in the higher-lying areas, while aloes dominate the landscape on the lower slopes. Most plants flower in the spring, while the protea species tend to flower in autumn, and the bright aloe flowers light up the landscape in winter. The rich floral diversity attracts a wide variety of birdlife, from sunbirds to raptors to Blue Cranes.
per night, from ZAR 8000
Rates quoted exclude long weekends and are for 1-10 adults
- Accommodation in up to 5 rooms for (maximum) 10 adults
- Regrettably, no children under the age of 12 unless by prior arrangement with Management
- Additional 2 children sharing if required
- Open game-viewing Landrover with driver for use on the Estate
- Booking only confirmed once 60% deposit received, and signed rental agreement in place. Balance of 40% payable 28 days prior to arrival date.
- Breakages deposit of R10 000.00 (around 700 US Dollars) payable 7 days prior to occupation date. Keys will only be handed over if breakages deposit received. Deposit repayable, less any cost of breakages, 7 days after last day of stay.
- Confirmation of all bookings is subject to signed rental agreement, including agreement to abide by the rules of the Swartberg Private Wildlife Estate
Cancellations Must be made in writing:
- Less than 56 days prior to arrival date: 35% of booking value forfeited.
- Less than 28 days prior to arrival date: 60% of booking value forfeited.
- Less than 7 days prior to arrival date: 100% of booking value forfeited.
Arrival time between 2.00 and 4.00 pm, and by arrangement. Departure Time before 10.00 am
No pets allowed
We had such a nice couple days at the estate; the scenery was stunning and the lodge was beautiful, spacious and decorated with style. The kitchen was so well equipped, I had absolutely no excuse for "simple meals". Cohen was so helpful with everything and very knowledgeable as he took us on the game drives. We were very spoiled with close up encounters with the giraffes at sunset; they even came close to our doorsteps at night! We´ll never forget this experience!
Thank you to our hosts for making our stay absolutely perfect!!! Our kids have never seen so many wild animals in their lives and was totally amazed at all the giraffe's on the farm as it is their absolute favourite! The rooms are extremely spacious and even though we shared our room with our two small children, we never felt crowded. The food was excellent - thank you Nadine!! If you decide to travel here and visit the farm make some time to visit the Cango Caves and Cangoo Wildlife as well as some of the other attractions in and around Oudtshoorn. You will be very sorry that you have missed out on this fantastic places once you have left!
We zouden oorspronkelijk 3 dagen blijven maar omdat het zo geweldig was hebben we er nog een dag aangeplakt. Dit was mijn eerste kennismaking met Zuid-Afrika en de gastvrijheid. Monté en Nadine hebben super hun best gedaan om het ons naar de zin te maken. De Game Drive's met Monté waren echt helemaal af. En wat een kennis van dieren en planten die jongen heeft. Nadine zwaait de scepter over de keuken. Die kan pas lekker koken. Wat een luxe eten we allemaal kregen en geen enkele dag hetzelfde. De lokatie van de Lodge is perfect gekozen. De suite's zijn mooi en schoon. Mijn wens is in vervulling gegaan. Mijn fiancee had het ook geweldig naar haar zin en wij komen zeker terug. Albert Maassluis, The Netherlands
Spoken languages : English
Calitzdorp Western Cape