South Africa Forest Lodges Vacation Rentals in Plettenberg Bay.
This truly delightful and wholly exclusive sanctuary strategically set in the forest epitomizes unqualified home-from-home comfort combined with the utmost privacy. With each considerably sized lodge boasting a fully equipped kitchen, lounge, wall-to-wall verandah, lazy hammock, private braai (barbeque) facility and outside seating you are assured of a stay characterized by wholesome, stress-free enjoyment and an unconscious synergy with the natural environment. Communal African Fire Pit.
Listen to bush buck and fallow deer barking, spy bush pig on a night safari, or lynx and perhaps even the ever-elusive leopard from the tempting futon on your verandah, and spot a number of the more than 60 identified bird species.
- Forest 1 -Sleeps 5
Peaceful forest views, 2 bedrooms with queen beds, main en suite bath- and shower room, 2nd with separate shower room, lounge/kitchen complete with three-quarter size sleeper couch.
- Forest 2 - Sleeps 4
Restful lake and forest views, 2 bedrooms each with queen beds and verandah access, main en suite family sized bathroom, 2nd with separate shower room, lounge and separate kitchen/dining area.
- Forest 3 Sleeps 8 (or 6 adults)
Soothing lake and forest views, 3 bedrooms all with verandah access, 2 with king or twin beds and en suite shower room, the other with king or twin beds and bunk beds with adjacent bath- and shower room. Large lounge/kitchen.
FOOD STARTER PACKS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST. Breakfasts can be ordered at an extra R90 per adults (around 7 US Dollars) and R45 per child (around 3,5 US Dollars).
There are two function rooms available – The Old Dairy holds 60 people comfortably and is furnished in typical South African boma style, whereas our recently renovated Nguni Room can hold up to 200 people with removable weather screens, large fireplace, gallery and indoor/outdoor bar.
Our intimate chapel seats 80 people comfortably as does our seated bush venue for those who prefer to marry in the forest.
For the more laid-back – there is great bass fishing in our dam.
Horse riding for both the novice or experienced rider can be arranged at the nearby “Equitrailing” some 10 mins drive away.
Mountain Bike Hire
Chapel And Bush Wedding Venue
Conference & Team-building Facilities
Fifteen minutes drive takes you to Plettenberg Bay with its famous white sandy beaches, restaurants and market square. Alternatively you can “Cruise the Craggs” with its various array of African arts and crafts, mohair shop and local vineyard where you can sit amongst the vines, have lunch and taste their locally produced wines.
per night, from ZAR 1600
- Rates are subject to change at any time.
- Single rates are subject to a 100% supplement during the high season.
- Rates include 14% VAT
- 2 people per room/suite – unless specified – Should you be more than the allowable total, the extra persons will have to book alternative accommodation. This is regardless of age of any persons per unit.
- Regarding refunds for early departures, we will put the room back on the open market and should we be able to re-fill the room we will then refund you.
- No pets allowed
- All rooms are smoke-free, guests are welcome to smoke outside or in our guests bar.
- Pool towels supplied on request at R25 each.
- Reservations are confirmed upon receipt of a faxed bank deposit slip or credit card number for a 60% deposit of total due. Such fax or credit card number should be received within 7 days of booking, failing which the reservation lapses. Any balance due is payable upon arrival.
- No show will be charged 100% of the entire stay.
- Less than 7 days forfeit 100% of total amount
- From 7-14 days forfeit 85% of total amount
- From 14-21 days forfeit 60% of total amount
- From 21-28 days forfeit 35% of total amount.
Provisional bookings are held for 7 days. Please note that confirmation is due within 7 days in writing.
If a booking is cancelled AFTER CONFIRMATION a cancellation fee of 20% excluding VAT will be charged to cover the costs and time of administration work involved.
Check in is between 2.00 pm & 7.00 pm or at the discretion of the management who reserve the right to turn guests away arriving at unsociable hours with no refund for that night’s stay.
Check out is at 11.00 am – A late checkout surcharge of R100 per hour or part thereof will be levied against your account as from 11.00am.
We stayed in both the self catering and the b& b self catering, and would like to recommend both to anyone wanting a great time in the countryside of Plettenberg bay. Terrific hosts Ray & Fiona made us very welcome. And we would have no hesitation in returning. All in all a great time.
We spent a weekend in one of the forest lodges which was well equipped. We enjoyed the absence of television with just the sounds of nature around us. Unfortunately our stay was not long enough to fit in a hike, which we would have enjoyed. The surroundings are quite beautiful and peaceful. Fiona was very friendly and accommodating. We will definitely go back again, but next time we will stay longer.
Spoken languages : English
Plettenberg Bay Western Cape